March 04, 2015

The Lab

I moved from Barrie to Peterborough in July 2014. Since then, I've been meaning to work on tracking the things I make. It's obviously going well...
So, it is March 2015. I am starting new in a new studio that is lovingly called The Lab. It is creative space for both me + my boyfriend Scott, a (currently not overly committed) one man band. When we moved in together, I had dreams of us working away in this room together: sewing + playing keyboard, encouraging each other in our creative pursuits. Instead, we mostly ignore this room + play video games.
I have been putting the blame on the fact that I work 5 days a week. This month I am going to stop doing that + accept that the real problem is that I just don't put time aside to play in The Lab. 
So here I am, my studio has travelled from the basement in my parent's home to a storefront in downtown Barrie, back to the same space in the basement of my parent's home + now all the way to Peterborough. A decade of shifting + building has lead me to this.






No comments:

Post a Comment